Cover Your Tracks
We understand that you might be visiting our site to learn private information. If you are thinking about leaving an abusive partner, we want to help to ensure your safety. There is a greater risk of violence when an intimate relationship is ending. You can get support and plan for your and your family.
Please take the appropriate precautions; if you want to remove evidence of the fact that you have visited this and any other websites that you will like to keep private from your partner, follow the below information to remove your browsing history. Find the website browser that you are using and follow the appropriate steps.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu.
- Click on Internet Options.
- In the General tab under Temporary Internet Files, Click on Delete Files. This will clear your browser’s cache.
- Under History, Click on Clear History. This will clear the pages you’ve recently visited.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 7, click on Tools.
- In the General tab under Internet Options, click Delete under Browsing History and that will delete everything from the new dialogue window that appears.
- Open the Firefox browser and navigate to the Tools menu (for Windows users) or the Firefox menu (for Mac users).
- Click the Tools drop down menu and then click Clear Private Data.
- If you are using a newer version of Firefox, you can click Tools drop down menu and then click Clear Recent History.
- Press the “OK” or “Clear Now” button (Windows) or simply close the preferences box (Mac). Your cache will now be clear.
- From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache.
- When asked “Are you sure you want to empty the cache?” click Empty.
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- From the Security dialog box, click Bookmarks.
- Click Show Cookies.
- From the Cookie dialog box, click to choose a cookie, and click Remove. Alternatively, if you want to delete all cookies, click Remove All.
- Click Done.
- In Google Chrome Press Ctrl-Shift-Del (for Windows users) or Cmd-Shift-Del (for Mac users).
- Next to Obliterate the following items: choose the time period you would like to clear, Last day usually works well.
- Make sure Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, and Delete cookies are checked under Obliterate the following items.
- Click Clear Browsing Data.