The Quick Six Water Work-Out
By: Breeanna Tudda; Head Lifeguard
Run on the spot for a minute in chest height water in the pool. Make sure to land with flat feet so you are not putting too much pressure on your knees.
- Flutter Kick– At the pool wall for 30 seconds then take a break. Do this 5 times with 10 second resting periods in between
- Rising Leg Crunch– Positon your body so you are facing away from the wall with your fore arms positioned on the wall, your body should be touching the wall. Keep your core sturdy as you raise both legs up at the same time and then lower them down so your heels touch the back of the pool wall. Do 10 leg rises 5 times with breaking in between
- Pool Ledge Dips– You are going to want to be in chest height water. Then you are going to slightly bend your knees and jump to push yourself up with your arms on the ledge as if you were getting out of the pool. Hold your arms up there for 3-5 seconds and then jump down (making sure to have a slight bend in your legs to prevent injury). Do this exercise 8-10 times x2 making that a total of 16-20 dips.
- Side Leg Raises– Stand shoulder width apart and raise one leg up on the side of you with a flexed foot holding it there for a couple seconds and then set it down on the pool floor. This will really work out your hips and your obliques. Do 20 leg rises on each leg.
- Squats– Stand shoulder width apart in chest height water. Squat down as if you were going to sit down in a chair. Do 30 squats total with taking a 20 second break in between every set of 10.
- Cross Country– Jump using opposite hands and feet as if you were cross country skiing in one spot. Make sure to land on flat fleet. Do 25 reps.
Do a couple of your favorite stretches to finish off the work out.