We will host two live classes today with our 50 Plus functional fitness group going at 9:00 AM and Zoom Yoga over the lunch our from 12:10 PM to 12:50 PM. In total this week, we are hosting seven classes and are planning to add more next week. The classes have been going well with, for example, over 20 members participating in both the two Yoga classes we have hosted so far. Its not quite as good as being present for an in-person class but its what we have for now.
On our web site, we have updated our class schedule with the information you need on how to connect and participate. Here is the schedule this week of live Zoom-Hosted classes:
- 9:00 AM, Y-Fit 50 Plus – this class is designed for those looking for a moderate, functional fitness experience. We spend a great amount of time focusing on ways to improve your strength and cardiovascular function in the real world…not just the gym. Fred Dyck usually leads our Monday morning 50 Plus class.
- 12:10 PM, Yoga with Marie Berg-Brown. Marie has been leading Yoga classes at the YWCA for years. Our member feedback surveys always rate her as one of our most popular leaders.
- 12:15 PM, Y-Fit – Based on our popular functional fitness classes this zoom-hosted version works for anyone new to the group fitness experience to those who want an intense workout. We strive to offer a dynamic outline of compound movements designed to keep you functionally fit. Nima Nazemi hosts on Tuesdays.
- 9:00 AM, Y-Fit 50 Plus – Nima Nazemi hosts on Wednesdays.
- 12:10 PM, Yoga with Rachel Pichler. Rachel has been the foundation of our noon Yoga program for the last few years teaching four noon hour classes a week traditionally. We are very pleased to have her back leading our live Zoom-hosted classes!
- 12:15 PM, Y-Fit – A second offering of this class for the week with Fred Dyck leading on Thursdays.
- 9:00 AM, Y-Fit 50 Plus with Fred hosting
- 12:10 PM, Yoga with Marie hosting.