Employment & Learning
YWCA Saskatoon’s Employment and Learning Centre remains closed for in person programs in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We will continue to provide remote services via email, telephone and online (Facebook).
We believe it is important to maintain your job search momentum. As such the Employment and Learning Centre will offer you daily job search advice and support that you can complete from home. Today’s post is another post in the series….
As you will know many people are working from home and many offices and workplaces have closed their doors customers and the general public. Many of these offices and people continue to work remotely via email and telephone…and best of all, they may be looking for some thing to do.
So now is a perfect time to conduct a series of informational interviews*, either via email or telephone. Below is a list of ten (10) very general questions you may wish to ask….
- How long have you worked in this position?
- How long have you worked for this organization?
- What are your major responsibilities?
- What do you perceive to be the major rewards of this job?
- What do you like most about this job?
- What are the major challenges in this job?
- Is your job better or worse now than it was a few years ago? Why?
- What advice would you give to a person coming into a job like yours?
- What are the education and experience requirements for this job?
- Do you know anyone else I could interview?
Please see below for a link to an interesting video entitled “Designing Your Career: The Informational Interview” from the Stanford Life Design Lab:
Your Employment and Learning staff are in the office or are working remotely through email or over the telephone. Should you have any questions or require assistance in your job search, feel free to contact any of your Employment and Learning staff for support. You can reach us at:
- (306) 986-2873 [Telephone]
- email@example.com [Email].
Stay motivated; stay healthy as you achieve your employment goals.
*An Informational Interview is a meeting in which a potential job seeker seeks advice on their career, the industry, and the workplace culture of a potential future employer; while an employed professional learns about the job seeker and judges their professional potential and fit to the workplace culture, so building their candidate pool for future hires.