The YWCA Crisis Shelter & Residence is taking steps to reduce the risk of getting or spreading the COVID-19 virus for staff, clients and volunteers. We are being mindful of social distancing and diligent in promotion of hand washing protocols. We have increased our internal cleaning schedule. We are following our pandemic plan for our organization. We are educating ourselves with information from reliable sources and working in partnership with the community to continue to stay up to date.
We very much need community support to continue to help those who are experiencing homelessness. We are limiting visitors to the shelter and ask if you are bringing donations that you please call ahead to let us know they are coming. Please contact Carla Delgado at 306 986-2870. Donations can be dropped off at the front desk between the hours of 7am-7pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
The following are much needed supplies. Cash donations are always accepted. Please note all items must be new unless otherwise specified.
- Pillows (New)
- New bedding for single beds (fitted and flat, children’s bedding)
- New bath towels and face cloths
- New bowls, cups and mugs (microwave safe)
- Cutlery and kitchen supplies
- Pots and pans
- New dish cloths and towels
- New full-size and bulk containers of shampoo, conditioner and soap bars (unscented)
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss
- New pajamas, socks and underwear for women and children
- New sweatpants and leggings of various sizes for women
- New sweatshirts and t-shirts of various sizes for women
- Grocery and phone gift cards of any denomination
- New swim suits for women and children
- Hair brushes and combs
- Disposable razors