A Fitness on 25th membership gives you access to take any of the group fitness classes that you want. There is no additional cost and we rarely hit our class attendance limits. We have a few goals our patrons have told us they hope to achieve with each of our classes:
- Have a great experience! Our classes are designed to be fun with friendly instructors.
- A Challenge designed for you! Regardless of your level of fitness we strive to set an environment where all are welcome. Our instructors design their classes such that all participants can benefit from the experience. We call this scaling it is something we focus on for all classes.
- Informative! Our hope is we are not just entertaining you. We want you to learn along with us. About what works for you. About how to best achieve your personal health and wellness goals. And how to achieve your goals in a way that minimizes injuries and maximizes goal attainment.
- Safe! Setting en environment that is safe is very important to us.
Check out the class schedule.
What are your personal goals? Try one of our classes is the best way to find out what is right for you and helps you achieve your goals.
- Y-Fit Functional Fitness: Our Y-Fit classes combine the best aspects of strength and metabolic conditioning with a focus on functional fitness. What are we trying to achieve with functional fitness? Help you improve your usable strength and physical fitness focusing on typical movements we all perform outside the gym. Use our Y-Fit to train for an active lifestyle. These classes concentrate on having a large variety of exercises and movements so each class is unique.
- Y-Fit: Our general Y-Fit classes cover all aspects of a functional fitness class experience. Each class is unique with its own focus. One day may have a strong metabolic conditioning focus and one day may focus more on strength development. Another day may combine basic gymnastic movements and another may outline prehab exercises designed to keep you healthy and fully functional. The goal is achieving great functional fitness (heart health, muscular strength, mobility) through a variety of programming experiences.
- Y-Fit Strength: Our Y-Fit Strength class focuses on building strength and has less focus on metabolic conditioning. This class will lead you through strength movements with a focus on building muscular capacity safely. Learn and use pulls, pushes, squats, lunges, loaded carries, swings and hinges.
- Y-Fit Metabolic: Our Y-Fit Metabolic class will get your heart rate up through an intense metabolic conditioning experience. Every class is designed to benefit the experienced member as well as the person new to training.
- Y-Fit 50 Plus: Our Y-Fit 50 Plus classes are designed for those 50 years of age and older who are looking to improve their strength and functional fitness through a fun group fitness experience. What are we trying to achieve with functional fitness? Help you improve your usable strength and physical fitness focusing on typical movements we all perform outside the gym. Use our Y-Fit to train for an active lifestyle. These classes concentrate on having a large variety of exercises and movements so each class is unique. No boredom allowed!
- Bonefit: Designed for older adults who are interested in the physical benefits gained from a progressive strength training program. This class is ideal for any person who’s bone density may be challenged and/or a person who is new to strength training. Our Bonefit class will help improve your movement and mobility and improve your personal independence through gains in physical strength. Classes often use a series of strength training exercises in a chair, using exercise tubing, light weights and other ways to achieve muscle gains and improve bone density.
- AM Energizer: A non-stop class with creative choreography which is sure to raise your heart rate and keep you alert and interested. This popular class offers a fun group class setting featuring great music and great moves. Some strength training will be included in this class.
- PreHab: Once called Stretch, our Prehab class does more than just stretch soft tissue (muscles). Using items such as resistance bands, mini bands, foam rollers, lacrosse balls and other tools we will help you improve your mobility, flexibility and knowledge of strength movement. Instead of rehabbing an injury learn how to move properly from the beginning through our PreHab class.
- Core Plus: A half hour Hardcore Core workout that uses a variety of equipment to blast the ABS and is Instructed by Certified Personal Trainers (CPT).
All of our classes are Scale-able:
Scale-able Intensity means the participant will experience a class requiring a high energy output with the option to scale to a more moderate level. You want a high intensity experience you can get it. You want to hold back and keep your workout moderate you can do that too. Its up to you.
- Obstacle Course: Our popular Obstacle Course class has been described as recess for adults! For our Obstacle Course classes we set the gymnasium with a challenging circuit of movements and exercises designed to provide a great balance of strength and cardiovascular challenges with basic gymnastic movements. Go around the circuit once as a warm up for your weight room workout. Or, go around three to five times for a full workout. It’s up to you to use the class the way you want. The circuit is always different so every course is fun (and challenging).
- Yoga: These classes will bring increased strength and flexibility to the body coupled with deep relaxation and meditation. Importance is put on the five points of yoga; proper exercise, breathing, relaxation, diet, and thinking. Check our our expanded Yoga Class offerings with options prior to your workday, noon classes, an evening class and our popular Saturday morning class.
- Pilates: Based on the studies and practices of Joseph Pilates this popular course improves flexibility, builds strength and develops control and endurance in the entire body. It puts emphasis on alignment, breathing, developing a strong core, and improving coordination and balance. Wikipedia describes the Pilates’ system as allowing for different exercises to be modified in a range of difficulty from beginner to advanced. Intensity can be increased over time as the body adapts itself to the exercises.