The YWCA Career Moves 55-64 Program
Entering the job market later in life can be exhilarating – but it can also be intimidating. If you’re age 55-64 and looking for new employment, this program will assist and support you in a group setting that teaches effective job search strategies, provides new confidence, and keeps you motivated. You will:
- Create an employment action plan
- Market your skills and experience
- Develop competitive job search documents
- Prepare for your next interview
- Connect with employers
- Enhance your computer skills
To find out if the program is right for you, consider the following:
- Am I available to attend sessions every day for seven weeks (five hours a day)?
- Do I have a job goal?
- Am I committed to finding work?
- Am I ready to start work right away?
- Am I or will I be between the ages of 55 and 64 years of age during the program?
The program includes 25 hours of program delivery per week, for seven weeks (five in the classroom and two gathering work experience). Some participants may be eligible for a paid training allowance as well.