Employment & Learning
We’re celebrating! The YWCA Saskatoon Job Search Program (JSP) has once again successfully finished another contract year with the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training. Contractual targets for the number of people who successfully found employment and the number of people who maintained employment for six months were exceeded. Job search supports, programs and ongoing services were provided to a diverse group of job seekers.
Success for the YWCA Saskatoon Job Search Program is definitely not all about meeting the targets. It’s about the women and men who chose to join the program and achieved their employment goals.
It’s about little things that make a big difference:
- trying a new resume style
- being proactive and taking charge of your job search
- making a plan, setting goals and employing best practices
- building your knowledge of the labour market
- promoting yourself and your skills in the current job market
- upgrading computer skills to be more competitive
- learning about cold calls and informational interviews
- accessing opportunities to practice the skills
- working together to prepare for an interview
- learning about how to follow-up after making a connection with employers.
It’s also about:
- being supported and encouraged while looking for employment
- positive results for individuals and their families
- life changes, success and well-being
- independence and new opportunities for people to do what is important to them
- choosing to pursue further education to prepare for that next employment opportunity.
The YWCA Saskatoon Job Search Program’s success is about personal connections, positive encouragement and all the individual reasons and opportunities to celebrate along the way!
Want to read more? Go to www.ywcasaskatoon.com Employment and Learning tab and you will find Client Success Stories.