Bonefit is next up!
Fitness on 25th, YWCA News
A big thank you to our members for supporting YWCA Saskatoon/Fitness on 25th! A few weeks back we decided to host live fitness classes using Zoom and they have become very popular. So, we will host our first Bonefit live online class this Thursday at 11:00 AM, April 30th, with our very own Val Kirk leading the instruction.
What is Bonefit? Bonefit is a class specifically designed for older adults (typically 65 years of age and older) who may be experiencing a loss of bone density or even osteoporosis. The class introduces basic principles of strength training to those who may be new to the fitness centre environment but who feel they need to gain some physical strength and improve their joint mobility.
Interested? Here is some basic information for how you can participate:
We will be using the Zoom hosting service for this class. Zoom services are free for you to use. This means all you will have to do is download Zoom for your computer or your mobile phone (or tablet). If you plan to use a computer to view the class, here is the link to Zoom: https://zoom.us/
If you plan to use a mobile phone or tablet visit your app store and download the Zoom app.
Some of you may have never used Zoom. If you have not and are not sure about why you might want to give this a try here are some reasons you can consider:
- YWCA Saskatoon is offering this service for free. No one has to have a membership to try it. Or pay to use Zoom.
- We now have over 100 people participating in our Zoom hosted live classes each week. We started three weeks ago and are adding more all the time.
- You do not have to do all of the movements the instructor may demonstrate. Do what you can. Or, for that first time…just watch and learn.
- It’s a great way to connect with members you haven’t seen for a few weeks.
- It’s a great way to stay active.
If you would like to participate, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the information you need to attend the class…from the comfort of your living room. And, if you have any questions about this email us at the same address and we would be glad to answer your questions.