30 Minute Shallow or Deep Water Work-Out with Water Dumbbells
- Front to back leg swing- hamstrings, glutes and quads (20 reps)
- Sideways legs swing- works adductors and abductors (20 reps)
- Arm swings- works chest and shoulders (10 reps)
- Flutter kick at the wall for a minute and then rest for 10 seconds (do this three times with resting for 10-15 seconds each time) **Reminder to kick from the hips and not your knees so you don’t injury yourself.
MAIN WATER EXERCISE
- Tread water with water dumbbells pushing down towards the water for resistance (if you can swim, you can also go deep or to modify the work-out you can avoid treading water and stand shoulder with apart in the shallow end) Do this for 5 minutes, rest in-between for 20 seconds at the most then start up again.
- Water Triceps’ Dip : with dumbbells push them behind you for 30 reps then break 30 seconds keep doing this for 5 minutes
- Flutter Kick with dumbbells: Just like at the wall, flutter kick from your hips and not your knees. Do this for 5 minutes and rest in between for 10-15 seconds
- Grab an aqua fitness pool noodle sit on it like a horse
- Cross country on the pool noodle by alternating your opposite arm reaching and front of you and kick back your other while the other leg glides to the front
- Do this for about 2 minutes
- If you get bored with this exercise flutter kick with the pool noodle
- Elbow pull for your arm pit
- Wall press for your front shoulders
- Wall leans for calves