YWCA Trade Journey stands out from other trades programs. It was designed as a training program specifically for women who were interested in entering the construction trades, and interested in advancing. Over the last three years, we have built Trade Journey into a success story for workers and employers.
Trade Journey has a proven track record of identifying hardworking individuals with great potential, and preparing them with the right skills and credentials to be a good fit for the construction crews where they now work.
The Trade Journey system uses:
- Recruitment of potential workers from Saskatoon and area
- Information sessions for candidates about the realities of construction work
- Screening to meet employers’ requirements
- Evaluation of candidates for work readiness, work ethic, physical capability
- Interviewing and selection of only the top 15 candidates
The top candidates accepted into Trade Journey get experience in various trades, skills training, fitness training, safety certifications, PPE, and hand tools. Then they work in a three-week placement as construction labourers.
We rely on employers to provide opportunities for our participants to get hands on experience utilizing the skills and training they obtain in the Trade Journey program.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved or call ( 306) 244-7034 Ext 154.