Quinoa Greek Salad Recipe
by: Kaylie Pederson; YWCA Personal Trainer & Fitness Consultant
Quinoa has always been a little bit of a mystery to me, the idea of it and recipes that use it sound amazing but getting it to taste delicious has taken some time to master! Don’t get me wrong, it is delicious and super good for you, especially if you struggle to feel full after a salad. I love using quinoa in a salad, it picks up flavour well and helps your stomach feel fuller longer. It is a great meal to prepare on a Sunday, for the week!
In this recipe I also added chickpeas! I bought chickpeas months ago and have just now decided to soak and eat them….I know took me long enough!. Chickpeas are low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium which is amazing but the best part about these little beans is the good source of dietary fibre and protein they are! I have many more recipe plans with these little guys for the future!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup chick peas (soaked and drained)
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 5-6 mint leaves, chopped finely
- quarter of lemon, squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons Greek dressing (I used Kraft,,, homemade recipe to come)
– Combine above ingredients in a bowl and mix! Super easy!!🍴