Veggie Tree Platter
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 grape tomatoes
- ½ orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- Yellow bell pepper for star and trunk
- Rinse and thoroughly dry vegetables. Trim broccoli floret stems.
- Arrange broccoli on serving platter to form tree shape and tomatoes to form ornaments. Arrange orange bell pepper to form garland and arrange yellow bell pepper for star and trunk
- Optional: Arrange cauliflower at base of the tree to form snow
- Chill, covered, until ready to serve with dip.
Recipe adapted from: BettyCrocker.com
Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- Mini marshmallows
- Strawberries, tops sliced off
- Banana, peeled and sliced
- Green grapes
- First wash and cut your fruit.
- On each toothpick, assemble your kabob as follows: one mini marshmallow, one strawberry, one banana slice, and one green grape.
Recipe adapted from: MOMables.com
- 2 whole wheat tortillas/wraps
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Sliced vegetables and meat of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Fold 1 tortilla in half; then fold into thirds to make one triangle with six layers. Use kitchen shears or paring knife to cut out a snowflake design; unfold.
- Place remaining uncut tortilla on lined sheet; sprinkle with ½ cup cheese and any other vegetables or meats of your choosing. Lay cut tortilla on top. Bake until cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: MarthaStewart.com
- Mozzarella, cut into triangles
- 3 broccoli florets
- Pretzel sticks
- Red bell pepper, diced in small pieces
- Cheddar cheese or yellow bell pepper for star
- Rinse your broccoli and chop into tiny pieces.
- Put a pretzel stick through the center of cheese wedge. Then coat in broccoli pieces.
- Dice a red bell pepper into very small pieces. These are your ornaments.
- Place yellow bell pepper or cheddar cheese on top for the star.
Recipe adapted from: Super Healthy Kids
For more healthy ideas for children, check out healthystartkids